Tuesday, November 22, 2011

More Finds at the Local Antique Shop - Cranberries and Pumpkin Pie

I had the pleasure of coming across a large stack of holiday postcards at my local antique shop the other day. Out of the pile, this one caught my eye.

This is how I picture Thanksgiving Day. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. Despite the convoluted history, and the religious and political meanings that many attach to it, for me it is a holiday of sharing and giving thanks.

However you "celebrate", I wish you the very best of everything. I hope that you have the opportunity to make wonderful family memories, to explore rich traditions, and to express what Thanksgiving means to you and your community. Our diverse experiences and varied historical memories are what keeps civilization vital, interesting, and moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment